CWGC – History Information
The 9th Infantry Brigade fought their way through the streets of Frameries on 24 August 1914. The village remained in German hands until retaken by the Canadian Corps at the end of the war. The graves in the communal cemetery are largely those of soldiers who fell in August 1914, most of whom belonged to the 3rd Division and largely to the 1st Lincolns. These graves, with one exception, were brought into the cemetery after the Armistice. The cemetery now contains 95 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 67 of which are unidentified.
Source © Commonwealth War Graves Commission – Frameries Communal Cemeteries
Local men buried in this cemetery
Pictures © South Lincolnshire War Memorials – March 2012